CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF OF FREMONT FIRST FRIDAY EVENT PROGRAM
5:30 – 6:30 The Lenin Lighting - N. 36th St. and Fremont Place N.
Join the Fremont community in lighting up the bronze dictator. John Keister will be on hand to lend his comedic take on the lighting of Lenin. Live music and hot spiced citer provided by the Fremont PCC.
1. ArtFX Gallery - 420 N 35th St. - www.artfx.net
2. Cheka Looka Surf Shop - 3507 Evanston N - www.cheka-looka.com
3. Earthly Rituals - 600 N. 36th Street, Ste 321 - www.earthlyrituals.com
Featured Artist: Jim Metcalfe. Experience a travel log in watercolors. Jim's paintings create tranquil images capturing settings from around the world.
4. EVO-X (∞) - 122 NW 36th St – www.evoseattle.com/gallery.htm
5. Florentia Clayworks - 218 Florentia (On the Q.A. side of the Fremont bridge) - www.madpotter.com, www.Evafunderburgh.com, www.Johnellefson.com
Featured Artist: Holiday Party Sale. Come visit our cozy pottery studio in Fremont (on the Q.A. side of the Fremont bridge, actually). There'll be good food, fun times and great ceramic treasures. Cups, bowls, platters, sculptures, vases, critters, ceramic slugs?, temples, clay kimonos, ???!! Wonders to behold!
6. Form-Space-Light Art Gallery - 619 N. 35th Street, Ste 102 (alley between 34th and 35th)
7. Frame Up Studios - 3515 Fremont Ave N - www.frameupstudios.com
Featured Artist: With the use of watercolor, charcoal, pastel and ink, Jeannie Lynn Paske creates thoughtful illustrations of creatures and monsters reminiscent of long departed dreams and uncollected thoughts.
8. Frank and Dunya - 3418 Fremont Ave N
Featured Artists: Creations of more than 20 local artists will be on display. Fun and funky work of all time favorites such as Nakisha Vanderhoeven’s wire knitted birds, David Smith’s hand-blown glass shells, Randy Sill‘s ceramic little monsters, Nichole Flood’s bright and colorful wooden plaques and mirrors, and Kelly Callicoat’s felt friends. Also on display are glass works by Susanna Prince and Randy Meyers, and clocks by Carol Mosher.
9. Fremont Abbey Arts Center - 4272 Fremont Ave N - www.fremontabbey.org
NO ART SHOWING THIS MONTH
10. Fremont Coffee - 459 N 36th St - www.fremontcoffee.net
Featured Artist: 4th annual employee art show includes paintings, drawings, barista produced electro pop, silk-screens, soft pastels, prints, and photography.
11. Fremont Jewelry Design - 3510 Fremont Place N - www.fremontjewelrydesign.com
Featured Artist: Art byAmanda Koh and Jewelry Trunk Show by Anne Anderson. - Koh's dreamy Acrylic paintings of horses in spirit & Anderson's jewelry of silver & gemstones.www.amandakoh.com and www.anneanderson.com/Jewelry
12. Gasworks Gallery - 3815 4th Ave NE - www.gasworksgallery.com
8:00 - 11:00 pm – After Hours Party
13. Habitude - 513 N 36th St - www.habitude.com
Featured Artist: A potpourri of paintings, drawings and themes by artist Erik Andrew. Each piece and each series contemplates new ideas and renders them in a variety of challenging new ways, with humor and pathos the only constants. www.erikandrew.com
14. Lifework Images 600 N 36th St, Ste 329 – www.lifeworkimages.com
NO ART SHOWING THIS MONTH
15. Northwest Healing Studio - 600 N 36th Street, Ste 320 - www.northwesthealingstudio.com
16. Oasis Art Gallery - 3644 Wallingford Ave N - www.oasisinseattle.com
Featured Artists: Celebrating featured local artists. Great opportunity to meet the artists, find out about their inspiration and view their artwork.
Featured Musican: Enjoy live music by one of Seattle's best guitarists, Barry Pollack.
17. Oohla's in Fremont Salon/Gallery - 711 N 35th St – www.oohlasinfremont.com
Featured Artist: Fine art photography printed on gallery-wrapped canvas by Michael Levy. www.michael-levy.net
Featured Musician: Guitarist Travis Hartnett 7:00 – 9:00 pm
18. Petapoluza Pet Supply - 114 N 36th St - www.petapoluza.com
19. Theo Chocolate - 3400 Phinney Ave N - www.theochocolate.com
NO ART SHOWING THIS MONTH
20. Trofeo - 3601 Woodland Park N, just a few short blocks east of the Troll - www.trofeo.biz
21. WINDOWS art gallery - 4131 Woodland Park Avenue N - www.windowsart.com
Featured Artist: Alison Farmer, Marcia Huber, Laurel Baum, Allie Jones, Ron Paul Baum and Miriam Amos Nihart. BIG ART III 5x5 from 5 - mixed media on canvas done in the gallery.
22. Urbanweeds - 4302 Fremont Avenue N – www.Urbanweeds.com
23. Hidden Hand Tattoo – 3616 Fremont Place N. – www.hiddenhandtattoo.com
24. FRIDAY Glass - 448 1/2 35th N. (in the alley behind Rudys barber shop)
25. Orange Splot Gallery - 3519 Fremont Place N. – www.orange-splot.com
Featured Artist: Suzan Azadi's oil paintings use deep colors and thick strokes to pervade the weighty moods of her works. Jon Patrick Olson's series of acrylic and oil paintings focuses on one well known subject, yet each piece produces a very distinct impact. Laure Soshnick's works are filled with the colors and movement of music, her main influence while painting. Barry Bielli rounds out the mix with a funky style that is a modern twist on classic retro pop art. In addition to these artists, the international photography of Kevin McKouen will also be on display.
Additional shops and galleries open:
POTS ceramic art gallery - 619 North 35th Street (located in alley behind)
Caffe Ladro - 452 N 36th Street
King Salmon Creative Communications - 600 N 36th St, Ste 327
Edge of Glass Gallery and Hotshop - 513 N 36th St Suite H
Skala Spa Studio - 600 N 36th St, Ste 226
ToST - 513 North Thirty-Sixth St., Space E
To all the Contributors, Sponsors & Volunteers who are helping to make the Fremont First Friday Art Walk a success!Lifework Images www.lifeworkimages.com / David Heutmaker www.theheutmaker.com, art walk map and cards / Ron and Laurel Baum www.windowsart.com, art walk posters.