CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF OF FREMONT FIRST FRIDAY EVENT PROGRAM
Live at Lenin will be back in the spring!!!
6:00 – 9:00 "Dia de los Muertos" – SPECIAL EVENT - Lobby of the building at 3516 Fremont Pl. N. (just east) of the Lenin Statue - Beverages and snacks are provided.
For one night only, Bad Fruit Foundation (BFF) presents an exhibition of photographs by Almendra Sandoval highlighting Dia de los Muertos celebrations taken in her native Mexico. Visitors to the Fremont First Friday Art Walk will receive a map directing them to neighborhood galleries, studios and art spaces for a self-guided tour. The Bad Fruit Foundation will also be handing out Wellness Kits to all visitors. These "swag bags" contain a variety of useful health-orientated information and first aid supplies.Art walkers will also have the opportunity to memorialize loved ones in the Day of the Dead tradition by adding to the temporary ofrenda on site.BFF has a simple goal: To support Seattle-area creative types (including artists, comics, dancers, filmmakers, musicians, painters, photographers, poets, sculptors, singers and writers) who are facing life-altering illnesses and are un- or under- insured. Their assistance comes through advocacy, distribution of wellness kits and special events and benefit shows. In 2008, BFF will launch a new inter-active website with details on health care options for artists (and others). For more information go to www.badfruitfoundation.com
10:00 “Day of the Dead Live” – SPECIAL EVENT
ToST - 513 North Thirty-Sixth St., Space E, 21 and over, $10 donation (includes admission and 1 free drink ticket)
Featured Musician: The Freewheelin' Skky Phoenix www.myspace.com/skkyphoenix and Special Guest (TBA)
1. ArtFX Gallery - 420 N 35th St. - www.artfx.net
2. Cheka Looka Surf Shop - 3507 Evanston N - www.cheka-looka.com
3. Earthly Rituals - 600 N. 36th Street, Ste 321 - www.earthlyrituals.com
Featured Artist: Earthly Rituals is delighted to present the art of Susan Lockwood. Susan's art seeks to express the multiple dimensions of our experience here. Combining the abstract, the symbolic and the figurative, her paintings are narrative landscapes. www.susanlockwood.com
4. EVO-X (∞) - 122 NW 36th St – www.evoseattle.com/gallery.htm
Featured Artist: Chris Carnel - action sports photography www.chriscarnel.com
5. Florentia Clayworks - 218 Florentia (Right on the Q.A. side of the Fremont Bridge next to the saloon) - www.madpotter.com, www.Evafunderburgh.com, www.Johnellefson.com
6. Form-Space-Light Art Gallery - 619 N. 35th Street, Ste 102 (alley between 34th and 35th)
7. Frame Up Studios - 3515 Fremont Ave N - www.frameupstudios.com
Featured Artist: Introducing Portland artist Serena Barton and her mixed media works. Drawing on her love of visual expressions of history, the show includes portraits of the six wives of Henry VII, images from the Venice cemetery, and collaged floral abstractions reminiscent of Italian frescoes. www.serenabarton.com. Also showing will be local jewelry artisan Shamila Jiwa and her elegant mélange of fine jewelry composed of pleasing combinations and textures made from fine materials and unique gemstones culled from different parts of the globe. www.shamila.com
8. Frank and Dunya - 3418 Fremont Ave N
Featured Artists: “Light Goddesses” – Lamps by Diane Graves, jeweler and fused glass artist, Susanna Prince, and watercolor artist BeanneBeanne Hull.
9. Fremont Abbey Arts Center - 4272 Fremont Ave N - www.fremontabbey.org
NO ART SHOWING THIS MONTH
10. Fremont Coffee - 459 N 36th St - www.fremontcoffee.net
11. Fremont Jewelry Design - 3510 Fremont Place N - www.fremontjewelrydesign.com
Featured Artist: Hope Braswell - A journey in whimsical daily moments & passing words. Beautiful acrylic paintings inspired by life's little gestures. www.studiohope.net
12. Gasworks Gallery - 3815 4th Ave NE - www.gasworksgallery.com
8:00 - 11:00 pm – 3 Year Anniversary Bash!
13. Habitude - 513 N 36th St - www.habitude.com
14. Lifework Images - 600 N 36th St, Ste 329 – www.lifeworkimages.com
NO ART SHOWING THIS MONTH
15. Northwest Healing Studio - 600 N 36th Street, Ste 320 - www.northwesthealingstudio.com
16. Oasis Art Gallery - 3644 Wallingford Ave N - www.oasisinseattle.com
Featured Artists: 'Access to Abstractions' show - local icons digitally transformed by Daniel Fleming, sumi streams of consciousness by Mark L. Thomas, splashes of abstract color by Loren Jackson, and black and white natural mirrored images by Ray Weisgerber. Show ends January 16th. New artist Jenny Kemp showcases minimalist yet organic paintings of trees and natural forms.
17. Oohla's in Fremont Salon/Gallery - 711 N 35th St – www.oohlasinfremont.com
Featured Artist: Trees, light and life is the theme of this collection of oil paintings by local artist, Ragna. www.homepage.mac.com/owensron/ragna
18. Petapoluza Pet Supply - 114 N 36th St - www.petapoluza.com
19. Theo Chocolate - 3400 Phinney Ave N - www.theochocolate.com
NO ART SHOWING THIS MONTH
20. Trofeo - 3601 Woodland Park N, just a few short blocks east of the Troll - www.trofeo.biz
21. WINDOWS art gallery - 4131 Woodland Park Avenue N - www.windowsart.com
Featured Artist: Allie Jones - Poetry, gesso, acrylics, and sanded acrylics. Some window framed. 15% of the price is being donated to the Seattle Women¹s Chorus. Art supporting art.
22. Urbanweeds - 4302 Fremont Avenue N – www.Urbanweeds.com
23. Wit's End Books - 4262 Fremont Ave N - www.witsendbooks.com
Featured Artist: Marc Jampole - Poetry Reading www.belldaybooks.com
24. Hidden Hand Tattoo – 3616 Fremont Place N. – www.hiddenhandtattoo.com
25. FRIDAY Glass - 448 1/2 35th N. (in the alley behind Rudys barber shop)
26. Orange Splot Gallery - 3519 Fremont Place N. – www.orange-splot.com
Featured Artist: International photography by Kevin McKouen.
Additional shops and galleries open:
Caffe Ladro - 452 N 36th Street
Edge of Glass Gallery and Hotshop - 513 N 36th St Suite H
POTS ceramic art gallery - 619 North 35th Street (located in alley behind)
Skala Spa Studio - 600 N 36th Street, Ste 226
To all the Contributors, Sponsors & Volunteers who are helping to make the Fremont First Friday Art Walk a success!
The Freewheelin' Skky Phoenix www.myspace.com/skkyphoenix / Lifework Images www.lifeworkimages.com / Bad Fruit Foundation (BFF) www.badfruitfoundation.com / Donna Stewart, Music Promotions Director / David Heutmaker www.theheutmaker.com, art walk map and cards / Ron and Laurel Baum www.windowsart.com, art walk posters.