(CLICK IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD PDF OF FREMONT FIRST FRIDAY EVENT PROGRAM)
Live at Lenin will be back in the spring!!!
1. ArtFX Gallery - 420 N 35th St. - www.artfx.net
Featured Artist: Autumn Kgley, ethereal watercolors and mixed media pieces of fairies, mermaids, foxes and more!
2. Cheka Looka Surf Shop - 3507 Evanston N - www.cheka-looka.com
3. Earthly Rituals - 600 N. 36th Street, Ste 321 - www.earthlyrituals.com
Featured Artist: Echo and Shadow (Echo): Photographs by Ben Nechanicky. Color images taken around the northwest meditating on crows, ravens, and relationships between nature and its reverberations that confirm our presence.
4. EVO-X (∞) - 122 NW 36th St – www.evoseattle.com/gallery.htm
5. Florentia Clayworks - 218 Florentia (On the Q.A. side of the Fremont bridge) - www.madpotter.com, www.Evafunderburgh.com, www.Johnellefson.com
6. Form-Space-Light Art Gallery - 619 N. 35th Street, Ste 102 (alley between 34th and 35th)
7. Frame Up Studios - 3515 Fremont Ave N - www.frameupstudios.com
Featured Artist: Debbie Bianchi and her newest series of paintings on canvas; "Observations of Trees and Branches". Debbie begins by building up multiple layers of opaque and translucent acrylic color, floating close-ups of flowers, leaves and branches. She then scrapes the surface to transform the images, creating a magical ethereal space characterized by imagination and mystery.
8. Frank and Dunya - 3418 Fremont Ave N
Featured Artist: Monkey back to business! Monkey World’s chronicler Mathew Porter showcases his new works.
9. Fremont Abbey Arts Center - 4272 Fremont Ave N - www.fremontabbey.org
Featured Artist: The Round's live paintings - The Abbey's Grand Open House with artwork on display from past Round painters.
Musician Featured: Various live music - local musicians, open mic hour, Fremont Music School performances and more!
10. Fremont Coffee - 459 N 36th St - www.fremontcoffee.net
Featured Artist: Brenna Flood will be showing photography and other pieces of art at her "CRAFTY" show.
11. Fremont Jewelry Design - 3510 Fremont Place N - www.fremontjewelrydesign.com
Featured Artist: Margie Krachanus “Elements” - enhanced digital imagery. A collection compelled by our alluring ways...
12. Gasworks Gallery - 3815 4th Ave NE - www.gasworksgallery.com
8:00 - 11:00 pm – After Hours Party: “Passion for Mashin” www.MashedPotatoes.org
13. Habitude - 513 N 36th St - www.habitude.com
14. Lifework Images - 600 N 36th St, Ste 329 – www.lifeworkimages.com
NO ART SHOWING THIS MONTH
15. Northwest Healing Studio - 600 N 36th Street, Ste 320 - www.northwesthealingstudio.com
16. Oasis Art Gallery - 3644 Wallingford Ave N - www.oasisinseattle.com
17. Oohla's in Fremont Salon/Gallery - 711 N 35th St – www.oohlasinfremont.com
Featured Artist: Amy Oates. "I have used multiple layers and techniques to build up these prints. Layers reflect the activity and makeup of urban environments in the way that people move, gather, and disperse throughout cities. I approach the crowds by abstracting the visual rhythms, patterns, and shapes in order to merge many figures into one panorama. In this way, monumentality rises out of chaos. Gravity settles amidst brevity. - www.staff.washington.edu/aoates/art.html
Featured Musician: Acoustic Guitarist Travis Hartnett.
18. Petapoluza Pet Supply - 114 N 36th St - www.petapoluza.com
19. Theo Chocolate - 3400 Phinney Ave N - www.theochocolate.com
NO ART SHOWING THIS MONTH
20. Trofeo - 3601 Woodland Park N, just a few short blocks east of the Troll - www.trofeo.biz
21. WINDOWS art gallery - 4131 Woodland Park Avenue N - www.windowsart.com
Featured Artist: Cabinet of Found Wonders - Group Art Installation of found photographs and other objects benefiting Hollow Earth Radio.
22. Urbanweeds - 4302 Fremont Avenue N – www.Urbanweeds.com
23. Hidden Hand Tattoo – 3616 Fremont Place N. – www.hiddenhandtattoo.com
24. FRIDAY Glass - 448 1/2 35th N. (in the alley behind Rudys barber shop)
25. Orange Splot Gallery - 3519 Fremont Place N. – www.orange-splot.com
Featured Artist: Kevin McKouen's international photography; the bold, abstract, dreamy landscapes of Kenneth Suzynski; fun, uplifting paintings by children's book illustrator Ryan Henry Ward; deep, thick textured, flowing organic works by Betty Hageman; and the ethereal beauty found in the paintings and sculptures by Indio.
Additional shops and galleries open:
Avalon Massage & Bodywork - 600 N 36th St., Suite 218
Café Babel - 126 NW. Canal St. – www.cafebabelseattle.com
Featured Artist: Joan Rudd an experienced and professional artist. Her sculptures capture special moments of connectedness between people. Joan considers herself, "one of the guardians of memory". She devotes herself to preserving images of the goodness and vigor of life.
Café Ladro - 452 N 36th Street 75
Edge of Glass Gallery and Hotshop - 513 N 36th St Suite H
Featured Artist: James M. Curtis does glass sculpting demonstrations of flowers and stars. Guests may sign up to receive a free flower or star, all we ask is they stay and watch the creation. – www.EdgeofGlass.com
i.o. stone & design group - 408 N 35th Street "ALLEY ENTRANCE"
POTS ceramic art gallery - 619 North 35th Street (located in alley behind)
To all the Contributors, Sponsors & Volunteers who are helping to make the Fremont First Friday Art Walk a success!
Lifework Images www.lifeworkimages.com / David Heutmaker www.theheutmaker.com, art walk map and cards / Ron and Laurel Baum www.windowsart.com, art walk posters.